Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx different Tasks with one device run at a time.

I am using cDAQ 9172 simulated device with some AI modules. I am using some DAQ engines (using VITs) each VIT correspond to a cDAQ 9172 with same AI modules, may be with different enabled channels. Then i created a task in LV vi and add some enabled channels to that task. Currently i have added 3 cDAQ devices and can simulate only 3 VIT's. I s it possible for me to test n VITs by adding one cDAQ device in MAX. please chk the attached images of MAX and my create task and channel vi's screen shot.

cDAQ.jpg

Task.jpg

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,066 Views)

Hi mazhar,

The likely reason why you are able to run one DAQmx task at a time is because each cDAQ 9172 has only one analog input sample clock. This means that each chassis can only have one AI task going at one time because the sample clock is reserved by that task. Because you have three chassis, you have three sample clocks. Hence the reason why you can have three tasks running at once - one on each chassis.

However, you can still acquire data from multiple channels on multiple modules within the same chassis, you will just have to include those additional channels in the same task. When you are selecting the physical channels in your DAQmx task, just select multiple channels by selecting browse and ctrl + clicking each channel. This will cause each of those channels to be read in the same task. Then, change your DAQmx Read to the polymorphic instance that reads from multiple channels.

Another thing to consider is that the cDAQ 9172 is an older cDAQ chassis. The newer cDAQ-9178 has three AI sample clocks, meaning you can have three separate analog input tasks running at the same time. Check the cDAQ 9172 User Guide for more information.

Hopefully this helps,

Chris G

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,047 Views)

thanks Chris G for your response. I am currently using multiple AI channels in one task. My question is that can i use single cDAQ chassis for more than one task running at a time.

regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,035 Views)

Hi mazhar,

No, you cannot have multiple AI tasks running at the same time for the cDAQ-9172 chassis. This is because the 9172 chassis only has one AI sampling clock. However, the newer cDAQ-9178 has three AI sample clocks, meaning you can have three separate tasks running at the same time.

Chris G

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 4 of 5
(3,014 Views)

thanks Chris G

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,005 Views)