Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Module ID Wrong

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using a Property Node on the modules in a cRIO-9180.  Looking at the link C Series Module IDs:
http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370984R-01/criodevicehelp/module_ids/

The 9201 module should return a 0x70A4.  My 9201 modules return a 0x71A1.  Has the link not been updated?  Has the module ID code changed?

My NI-9485 module and NI-9403 module return the correct 0x71f6 and 0x7131 code.

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,204 Views)
Solution

Hello Paul,

The list of module IDs from the product manuals is not completely accurate, as it does change from time to time. The module ID that you said your 9201 is reporting corresponds to an NI 9201 with DSUB connector, which is not present on the list. I am taking some steps on my end to get the document changed and add in this module!

In the meantime, there were a couple of questions I had about your system. First, I wanted to make sure that you are in fact using a 9201 and not a 9201E (OEM version)--that card is not safe to use with a cRIO/cDAQ chassis. Second, is there any negative impact on your application caused by the uncertainty with the module ID? Or were you merely asking if that indicated a problem with the card? Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,178 Views)

We are using NI-9201 with DSubs.  I was asking only about clarification on how up to date the file is.  My application is fine.  If you are going to be updating the file, I will close this.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,171 Views)