Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI 6229 problem with a new PC

First of all I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. We recently had to upgrade our PC's to a newer version of our mother board and switched from a 500w power supply to a 480w. We bought 3 PCI 6229 cards and installed two into our new PC setup. When we went to test them without signal conditioning board, we found we were not getting 5v out of the card. It would jump around between 0 and 1v being read on a multimeter. So, I called the NI applications engineers and went through all of their tested and they did not function properly through any test. I threw them both into our old PC that had a working card in it and they both had the same 0-1v problem. The third card that we bought was not installed in a new PC and functioned just fine in an old setup. Both cards were seated properly in the PCI slot. My question is, what in our new PC setup could be causing them to break?"

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,791 Views)

Hi there,

From your description here it sounds like you might have a hardware problem with your two PCI 6229s. If your board is outputting undesired voltage levels, that is completely independent from which computer you are using. I would actually suggest you to install the 6229 that works in the old setup in the new PC because that will most likely show that this board is working fine on either system and that your other two 6229s have a hardware problem.

Regards,
Efrain G.
National Instruments
Visit http://www.ni.com/gettingstarted/ for step-by-step help in setting up your system.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,667 Views)

IDK if the alias thing is new or it made me sign in as a different name but this was the problem. I final got the guts to try the third card and it worked. It was jsut two bad cards.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,634 Views)