Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the channel set up for measuring axial thrust probes using the eZ Tomas software and an IOtech data logger

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there anybody out there who can give guidance on configuring a axial thrust probe in eZTomas. I have tried all configurations that I can think of but the guage still just shows a full scale even when I connect a 9.5v battery.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,695 Views)

Please see the attached document.  I hope this will be helpful.

Very Best,

Dave McFate

David J. McFate, CVA Cat. III
Staff Systems Engineer
Sound & Vibration Group

dave.mcfate@ni.com
Message 2 of 7
(3,682 Views)

Thanks Dave,

I have already set it up, I used the static setting instead of the general one. Will this make a differance. I can't open the document attached but I did see the images.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,652 Views)

Hello Phil,

I cannot see the document either, I am unsure why this is acting so strange.  If you would like to send me an email at dave.mcfate@ni.com I can sent you the attachement directly.

The only real difference between STATIC channels and GENERAL channels is the raw data saved in eZ-TOMAS.  STATIC channels save only the averaged time domain "data point" for each record.  A GENERAL channel will save all of the sampled data points from the signal, allowing you to view the "real" signal in replay.  Static are usually used for temperature data, or other slowly changing signals where an averaged datapoint is more than  sufficient for analysis.

I am glad that this information helped,

Dave

Staff Systems Engineer
Sound & Vibration Group

dave.mcfate@ni.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,649 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Phil D

Hello all,

I have re-saved the document as a PDF file and uploaded it here for reference. Download this and hopefully you will be able to see the splendid document Dave has created.

Kind Regards,

Larry Colvin
Associate Principal Engineer
Dyson Technology Ltd.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,634 Views)

That is first class, thank you very much.

Phil

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,629 Views)

Thank you so much Larry!

Very Best,

Dave

Staff Systems Engineer
Sound & Vibration Group

dave.mcfate@ni.com
0 Kudos