Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help for getting the PIC12C509

Hello all,

I'm developing a project using Multisim 12.0 and I need to use aPIC12C509. However, it seems that Multisim does not have this component library, and I haven't found anything about it in the net
Do you know where i can find this kind of library?

Thanks!!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,888 Views)

Hokkskyc,

Do you need a functional device model (model behavior/register level programming) or just the symbol/footprint?  

These 8 pin devices look relatively simple to create from a symbol/footprint standpoint and shouldn't take more than a few minutes.  As for modeling someone in the NI apps group would need to evaluate if the instruction set to determine if it is at all compatible with the PIC models we have (possibly not).

Regards,

Pat Noonan

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,871 Views)

Dear Pat,

I try to simulate the circuit but the component remain green. I think the component can't be use as a simulation part and just for circuit drafting. How can I get a simulated PIC12C509? or any method that I can use to make it by myself. I got the datesheet on hand already. Many thanks !

KK

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,866 Views)

Dear Pat,

Yes, I need a functional device model (model behavior/register level programming). How can I get it?

KK

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,861 Views)

Hello,

You have to make the model yourself or find a SPICE model online. But if this is a PIC controller, I highly doubt you'll be finding an actual model for this component. You cannot simulate this in Multisim without a model.

Regards,

Miguel V
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,845 Views)

Hokkskyc

The only alternate method that may work (without trying to model the entire PIC chip  - which would likely be an extensive effort), is to break the functionality down into a state or logic diagram (based on the function of your register level program).  

You can

1) create a high level 'model' in Multisim using the generalized TIL digital blocks (Master Database -> Misc_Digital -> TIL)

or

2) try creating a d_chip model using the guide below...

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Circuit-Design-Suite-Multisim/models-using-d-chip/m-p/953453#M6602

Regards,

Pat Noonan

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,839 Views)