NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Loading a VI of a sequence in operator interface (Error Code -18002)

I am deploying a teststand sequence using LabVIEW adapter. After deploying, while running this sequence in operator interface in the deployment computer, I get an error saying that a particular step could not be loaded. This step calls a DIO initialization VI which basically uses DIO Port Config.vi from Traditional DAQ 7.4.4 version. Please see the attached image.

Software Versions Used: Teststand 4.0.1f1, LabVIEW 8.5, Traditional DAQ 7.4.4, Simple OI shipped with Teststand, windows XP

From couple of links from www.ni.com, I did following actions in my development computer:

1. Compile All the VI in LV 8.5 using Mass Compile including Traditional DAQ LLBs, simple operator interface etc.

2. Check if any VI or step is not broken.

After getting the error, I tried opening the same sequence in sequence editor in deployment computer (I am also including sequence editor with the deployment utility), I checked DIO Initialization step. I see the warning in step indicating that the VI is either broken or one of its sub is not located. I tried using Reload VI Prototype, it asks for LVDAQ.dll which is also bundled in my deployment files. After specifying this dll, I can run this sequence without errors but after I exit from sequence editor, it does not save the changes and I get the same error in Operator interface as well in sequence editor after re launching. Also I dont want to reload VI prototype as I dont expect some to do this change after deploying the testsequence.

Kindly help.

Thanks in advance.

Nirmal

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,855 Views)
I found solution for this. While creating the workspace for my sequence and other files, I used to include all the files including the LabVIEW VIs. Doing this, DIO Config VI seemed getting confused while searching for LVDAQ.DLL in the deployment computer.

I tried only including the test sequence and letting the teststand deployment utility select the VIs from the specified directory resolved this issue. I observed that in this case, all the sub vi and the support dlls gets placed in the support and data folder respectively. This resolved the issue.

Regards,
Nirmal
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,813 Views)
Hey Nirmal,
It sounds like you've hit the nail right on the head. There must have been some sort of conflict with the files you transferred with with your executable and with those that the TestStand deployment utility included. Thanks again for posting this to the forum so everyone can benefit from your experience. Please let me know if you have any further questions and have a good day!

Lars
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,799 Views)