cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error "Not enough memory to complete this operation"

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

During the measurement of my chip devices, data logging of measured data in a my sequence stopped with error that "Not enough memory to complete this operation". The execution of teststand sequence was still happening after the "Not enough memory" error but the at the step of logging data, it was taking a very long time and also the measured data after this error, was not getting saved in the text file.

Total time that has run through the sequence till this error is 3.42 hours and maximum saved text file size is 176 MB.

I have set of measured arrays of current and voltages that I am storing every single value of array one by one by running through a for loop.

Anyone can help or give suggestion how I can avoid this error.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,558 Views)

Are you using 64-bit TestStand? If you are using 32-bit TestStand perhaps you are running out of address space. A few hundred megabytes is a lot of memory for a 32-bit program especially if you need a contiguous block of memory that large.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,479 Views)

Yes it is a 32 bit TestStand. I totally agree with your point but recently, I have done measurement with file size of 220MB too.

That's why I am confused that is this error because of large file size or not?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,476 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author F-shafique

If memory is fragmented, it's hard to get a block that big in a 32-bit address space. That said, file size doesn't necessarily correspond to memory usage. It depends on how your are storing data in memory rather than on disk. If you're not storing it in a contiguous block then a few hundred megs isn't that much. Also, it's possible the memory error might be due to some other issue. If you can narrow down what exact call is giving the error it might give you a clue as to what might be the problem.

Hope this helps,

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,473 Views)