NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prompt to save Sequential Model; Not desired.

Solved!
Go to solution

When Saving one of my TestStand applications, I get prompted to Save the SequentialModel.seq.  I have never saved changes to the sequence model and do not want to. 

What do I has to be done to this application so it uses the untouched Sequence model AND not prompt to save changes to the Sequential Model?

(1st Post to a forum) 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,588 Views)

A friend asked me to attach a stripped down sequence that still manifest the issue. 

Observation:  It seems that this problem is somewhat infectious.  If I have another Sequence open and save it, it wants to give a prompt to save to the Sequence model also.

My suspicions is that there is an increment version of the sequence model that needs reset.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,577 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pathfinder101

Hi,

Since you never saved the sequential model my guess is that the test sequence you are having could be creating this issue.

Try this :

Open TestStand and open a new sequence (dont open your test sequence).Save.Do you still get the prompt to save sequential model?

If no then problem maybe with the test sequence.

If yes then simply repair TestStand.

Normally this happens when one of the types (common to your test sequence and NI types) version is incremented in your test sequence.

When you load your test sequence in TestStand it automatically detects that the types present in sequential model is of a lower version and prompts to save it.Its a feature not an issue.

You can use this tool to resolve the type differences:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-39163

Convert your test sequence to be compatible with the sequential model and this should resolve the issue.

Hope this helps.

Ravi

Message 3 of 4
(4,561 Views)

Ravi (SunRS),

The TypeDiffer.exe toolkit was exactly what I needed.  Very simple and effective solution.

Thanks!

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,552 Views)