NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What version of TestStand does each part number correspond to?

Hi,

We have been purchasing a number TestStand Debug Deployment licences during the last few years.

One of them was forgotton somewhere and was never used. Now I need ir for my system.

It is a yellow envelope with some stickers in it and there are no version information on its label.

The part number reads: 779851-01

I need to know its version to install the correct TestStand version and activate.

Thanks,

S. Eren BALCI
IMESTEK
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,355 Views)

Hi S. Eren BALCI,

I did a search on this part number for you, and I have found it for TestStand 4.1 and 4.1.1.  I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Kelly R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(3,321 Views)

Hi Kelly,

Thank you very much for your response.

I cannot verify this immediately, but I will let you know when I do.

In fact, I might need something like a list that covers all versions, or at least after 3.0, because we have purchased the Debug Deployment licences in various times in the past.

I also wonder, if it is possible to activate an older version of TS with a newer version serial?

If this is not the case then I definitely need the list.

The same question applies for LabWindows/CVI, as it is our code module development tool and we also want to install it together with TS for debugging.

We have a DevSuite that updates regularly.

If there is a restriction on the CVI version that can be activated with a specific version of Debug Deployment license, we need to know it too.

Looking forward to your reply 😉

S. Eren BALCI
IMESTEK
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,314 Views)

Hi S. Eren BALCI,

You can activate older versions of software with a newer serial number without problem.  You just need to ensure that your activation code represents the version that you are trying to activate.  As for your second question, it may be a bit easier for us to answer this question if you call into support.  We may need to ask you a few more sensitive questions that are personal to your account and look into your upgrade status to see exactly where you stand.  There are various things, such as continued SSP support, that can affect versioning for you.  You can create a service request at www.ni.com/ask.

Cheers,
Kelly R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,284 Views)