cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-8101 cannot find other cards in chassis

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I just received my new PXI-1042 with new PXI-8101, and I have also just put in my old cards PXI-8404, PXI-7833R, and two Pickering cards.

When I boot the chassis, the screen among other things says "Welcome to LabView Real-time 10.0f2" and "NI VISA server started successfully". Then it stays like that forever. Is this what I am supposed to be seeing?

I also cannot see my cards in MAX on my desktop computer.

2011-03-10_114043.jpg

When I try to install the drivers via "Add/Remove Software", I don't see the drivers I need on that list. At the same time, I don't really know how to feed the PXI-8101 my correct drivers on a CD. I am a little lost.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,707 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Bladhart

Hi Bladhart,

What you're seeing on the controller display is expected. It should also have information about processor and memory usage on the top of the display, but code you run on the controller won't interact with the display.

To write code for the controller, you will need to install the LabVIEW Real-Time & FPGA modules, the NI-RIO driver, and likely the NI-DAQmx driver. I can't find reference to the PXI-8404, but the Pickering cards will likely need their own drivers as well.

After you've installed those drivers to your development computer, you'll be able to find those drivers available within Add/Remove Software in MAX, and you'll be able to install them to the controller.

I hope this helps,

Fred Visser -- SystemLink R&D -- National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,677 Views)

Thanks Fred.

All the NI drivers were installed as you described.

I figured out how to install the pickering drivers at http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3142

Just in case anyone was curious.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,671 Views)