Power Electronics Development Center

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Building a Sine Triangle Modulation Inverter in Co-Simulation

HI!

I have only just started learning to use labView and Labview FPGA and MultiSim and the Ni 9606 and GPIC and everything. I had no prior experience with FPGAs. I have been struggling to solve this problem (which at first i thought would be simple) for about 2 days now.

I first built my own LUT 1D Triangular wave generator, then I built my own LUT 1D Cosine wave generator. I was able to acquire the waveforms pretty accurately but then when I tried to build a three phase signal using three of the same 11bit LUT of sine wave with a phase shift of (120/360)*2048 between them I couldn't do it. No matter what I tried I wasn't able to get 120degree phase shift between the three.

I would very much appreciate it if someone could take sometime to look at my LabView VI and the multisim program and point out my mistakes and maybe even suggest some better solutions/approach.

Few Details about the programs:

1. the reason I built a triangle wave generator is because I couldn't make complete sense of the one that was in the example (NI 9683 FPGA DDS TriangleGEN IP.vi)

2. While running the VI make sure to set a value between 0-1 for the modulation index in the front panel. It has a default value of 0.

3. I exported the gate signals to the inverter that I built in Multisim and then dropped it across a resistor then brought the current value back to labview to verify if the value was being passed accurately. (it is)

4. As of right now I think the problem is that I am not able to accurately phase split the waveforms by 120 degrees from each other.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,781 Views)

Unfortunately, I cannot open your VI since I am on 2012. Any chance you could save as a lower version and re-attach? Or may be you could post screenshots of the internals of your VI's.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,316 Views)

Hi Athapa,

I missing two of your subvis, Cosine_wave.vi and Triangle_Wave.vi. Would you please post the two VIs. I can give you more assistance once you have posted the two VIs.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,316 Views)

I might have found the problem let me just try that and I'll post the results back here. But for now thanks for such prompt responses.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,316 Views)

Looks like I have solved the problem. For now could you post a link to any document that shows how I can run certain codes in the FPGA and view the results on a graph in LabVIEW.

Basically I want to run the program in the FPGA but view the GATE signals on my computer instead of the pins on the 9683.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,316 Views)

The link below provides you with examples, papers and other resources related to FPGA-based power electronics design, co-simulation and deployment.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/power-electronics-development-center/blog/2012/02/09/download-...

The zip file contains some examples you can leverage for you specific case.

NI-9683 is used for in our back to back inverter research board. You can learn more about it here, https://decibel.ni.com/content/message/58917#58917

Regards,

Ame G.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,316 Views)