cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remote front panel--cRIO 9012

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting the remote Front Panel working.  When I try to bring up the page in my browser, I get the message "Requested VI is not loaded into memory on the server computer." I have tried following the steps in the following two links, but I still get the message.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/7FEE6BCFD264175C8625723E000D928E
http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=275186&requireLogin=False

I'm wondering if something is set up incorrectly in my project tree.  I have posted a pic (counter_test_v7.vi is what I'm trying to view from remote panel).  Any other ideas?

Thanks!

-Brian 

Message Edited by Tunnel_Brian on 11-06-2008 03:29 PM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,270 Views)

Is the VI loaded into memory? Is should be either running as a startup app (if the startup stops it will leave memory) or opened from the host?

If it is- is the name of the VI in the html page correct?

Nathan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,265 Views)

If I understand the term correctly, it is running as a startup app--the VI starts running by itself after the reset button is pressed on the cRIO. I know it is running because the IO is operating correctly.

I checked the .html that was created using the Web Publishing Tool, and the name of the VI is correct. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,260 Views)

Alright, so I think I've figured out part of my problem, but I don't know what the solution is.  Apparently, I can only make a VI a Startup VI in a Real-Time Application if it is located where RemotePanelTest.vi is shown below.  I successfully used the Remote Front Panel with RemotePanelTest.vi.  However, I am unable to add LaserTrigger_v7.vi as a Startup VI.  This is why I was unable to access LaserTrigger_v7 from the Remote Panel.  This is a problem because I am not able to access my FPGA I/O (NI 9401) from VIs located in the branch where RemotePanelTest.vi is located.  I am only able to read/write to these I/O from the branch where LaserTrigger_v7.vi is located.

Am I missing something?  Any suggestions on how best to accomodate both the need for Remote Front Panel and FPGA I/O? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,242 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Tunnel_Brian

Brian,

What you are seeing is correct behavior.  What you need to do is get your IO from your FPGA to your RT by one of two methods (as I see you are using LabVIEW 8.5.1 or older).  The first method is to use a Read/Write Control Node on your RT VI to access the controls and indicators on your FPGA VI.  The second method is to use a DMA FIFO to have your FPGA VI write its data to the FIFO and have your RT VI read from the FIFO.  These are the methods that you will need to use to accomplish the task you are wanting.

I'd recommend a basic FPGA Module Training available here: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3555#toc5  Specifically lesson 6.

Regards,

Jared Boothe
Staff Hardware Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,209 Views)
Cheers!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,202 Views)