The following guide requires that you have the LabVIEW FPGA Module installed.
Steps to Reproduce
1) Right click your project in the project explorer windows and select New >> Targets and Devices...
2) Click the New Target or Device radio button and select CVS
3) Select the LabVIEW Real-Time Mode and click continue
4) Right click the Compact Vision System Target in your project and select New >> Targets and Devices...
5) Please select the New Target or Device radio button and then specify the NI 8254
6) Right click the FPGA targe under your CVS in your project and select New >> New VI
7) While in the VI, create a new FPGA I/O Node
8) Left click this function and select Add New FPGA I/O
9) You now have the option to select all your Isolated Digital Input/Output lines
10) After selecting your inputs/outputs you can drag this item to show more I/O lines.