Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample Exam Solutions for Review

Hello All,

I am planning to take the exam in a couple of months, this is the first exam I actually spent exactly 4 hours on. I got stuck for half an hour when trying to implement the timer. I know theres some function missing but interested to getting some feedback.

I found the time went very quickly and I am now a bit worried about how to cram a good exam into the 4 hours.

I am booking the exam in teh next day or so will be doing the other exams soon, thanks

Regards

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 231 of 623
(4,849 Views)

@CB wrote:

Hello All,

I am planning to take the exam in a couple of months, this is the first exam I actually spent exactly 4 hours on. I got stuck for half an hour when trying to implement the timer. I know theres some function missing but interested to getting some feedback.

I found the time went very quickly and I am now a bit worried about how to cram a good exam into the 4 hours.

I am booking the exam in teh next day or so will be doing the other exams soon, thanks

Regards

Chris

They won't ding you for using the elapsed time express VI.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 232 of 623
(4,841 Views)

Hello, Please review my solution. I am planning to attend CLD this week. https://forums.ni.com/t5/Certification/Please-review-my-solution/td-p/3103804

Missed to post in this thread sorry for inconvenience.

Thank You!

Regards,

Rajesh Nair

Rajesh Raghavan Nair

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified Teststand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 233 of 623
(4,828 Views)

Please review CLA Exam.  This was my second attempt at the ATM example.  reduced time to 3:15.

Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 234 of 623
(4,743 Views)

@Kenny_K wrote:

Please review CLA Exam.  This was my second attempt at the ATM example.  reduced time to 3:15.

Just a general comment since I'm not really qualified to judge the actual content of the exam.  Speed should be a byproduct of better efficiency, not a goal in itself.  But what this does is give you ample time to incorporate any advice given.  If there is no advice, then you've achieved Nirvana.  Or at least Pearl Jam.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Message 235 of 623
(4,734 Views)

Sorry, I should have explained.  I reduced the time since it was the second time I had done the ATM exam.  Aka I was familiar with it and didnt have to spend time reading the "problem" as much as I did the first time.

Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 236 of 623
(4,728 Views)

@Kenny_K wrote:

Sorry, I should have explained.  I reduced the time since it was the second time I had done the ATM exam.  Aka I was familiar with it and didnt have to spend time reading the "problem" as much as I did the first time.

Ah the classic "Ive seen this so choosing an appropriate design pattern is easy" time saver.

Don't let this fool you!  Quite a bit of time is involved in breaking down the problem into smaller parts and choosing a design pattern to meet the requirements.

Of course, practice that problem deconstruction!

Example for the practice ATM:

1. That UI responsiveness would fit into a well crafted Event loop
  2. That 10sec entery or abort would fit into the event loop timeout case
  3. that file IO looks like an Action Engine
  4. The logic fits into a simple state machine
  5. The string text handling is going to need a Look-up table and a property node

Take some time and really practice breaking down problems like that.  (Trolling the LabVIEW forum and using some posts as starting points to practice on will train you to think in those terms)

The time saving you encountered by solving the same problem twice then becomes a PERMANANT time saving method.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 237 of 623
(4,690 Views)

test

0 Kudos
Message 238 of 623
(4,679 Views)

I've just completed my first attempt at the Elevator CLA Example.  I stopped in 4 hours.

I have put in most of the requirments tags 90%.

I made a QMH template in a lvlib and copied and pasted that for each module.

My exam is booked for 14th of August.

I would appreciate anything anybody has to say.

Lewis Gear CLA
LabVIEW UAV

0 Kudos
Message 239 of 623
(4,583 Views)

Isn't that what the template vi (.vit) is for?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 240 of 623
(4,543 Views)