LabVIEW Architects Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Meeting is on April 25 - Call for topics/ presenters

Hello everybody,

I realized that Our meeting is getting close. I will be out of the office from April 6 - April 20, so that only leaves me with next week to plan our meeting for April 25.

So, let me or Allen Smith know if you would like to present and on what topic. Also feel free to post here.

As usual, we look for a food sponsor.

Let me know,

regards,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(9,651 Views)

I am in the process of wrapping up my first CRIO/Ethercat project. I am willing to do a Lessons Learned session.

Sub topics to include (but not limited to): NI Reference Designs, EtherCAT software distribution, Configuring Ethercat FPGA bitfiles, unexpected challenges due to low power processors.

Aaron

Message 2 of 9
(4,793 Views)

We are finalizing the details... meeting next week will have Aaron presenting his lessons learned onn his first cRIO/Ethercat project. We will also have a panel to present lessons learned from both CLA Summits.

Stay tuned.

Thanks,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,793 Views)

Fab,

Will it be viewable from overseas?

//Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,793 Views)

Aaron, can you send me a short abstract for the announcement?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,793 Views)

MikaelH wrote:

Fab,

Will it be viewable from overseas?

//Mike

Mike, we'll get a join.me session going and post the link prior to the meeting (Sixclear normally sponsors this; Wirebird Labs will pinch hit). We're currently working out mic equipment options, so that you can hear audio for the Panel discussion. Cheers!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,793 Views)

Title: Lessons Learned From My First cRIO/EtherCAT Project

Abstract: Having just (about) completed my first cRIO project, here are the lessons I learned as I dealt with driver issues, (new to me) architectures, use of reference designs to try and speed code development, use of alternate targets for early code development, (possible) LabVIEW FPGA bugs, and having to hunt/peck through portions of the LabVIEW project in order to change system states and deploy FPGA code. What did I do wrong in early testing that allowed performance issues to remain undetected until late in the project where they required massive re-writes at the eleventh hour.

Aaron, CLA, PMP

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,793 Views)

Document with meeting details is now up: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-29214

Hope to see you there,

Fab

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,793 Views)

NI will be sponsoring food!

More details and information on how to register: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-29214

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,793 Views)