Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Arduino stepper motor

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by atulchemistry

A basic state machine should be perfect for this.  Here is a basic outline of a basic state machine that you should be able to use.  I didn't add in any Arduino code.

Also, Zahkay's issue is that he is using a stepper driver that is not natively supported by LIFA.

Download All
Message 11 of 20
(2,191 Views)

@atulchemistry

yeah i did that. can u tell me for the acceleration and the stepper down in the VI what did u put. Because when i did upload the coding of LIFA, it just move and then stop. can i see how u edit your LIFA coding for stepper if you dont mind.. I even can upload my LIFA coding and you may check. Because for u atleast it is working yeah.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(2,191 Views)

@ Nathan_B

Dear Sir,

thank you for replying.

i am trying to open the VI, but some icons are missing.

Sir if in this case which driver should we use so that it is compatible with the LIFA

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(2,191 Views)

Most of the posts here that I have seen use the EasyDriver.  This requires no modifications to LIFA because it is natively supported.

Message 14 of 20
(2,191 Views)

Many many thanks Nathan_B for the reply... Today I learned making using of state machines in another way !!

@Zahkay yes i am using EasyDriver as Nathan_B mentioned... i think that might be the difference

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(2,191 Views)

Okay sir

which easy driver should i buy.

I dont have any idea about it.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(2,191 Views)

I thnk i will buy the easy driver also. which one do u have

Can you please tell me the specification you put for it to make it work. Like

for the acceleration and in the stepper.

Hope to hear from you soon

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(2,191 Views)

This is one https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10267

Stepper #  1

Accelration  0

Speed (Steps per sec) 9

Steps to move 9

ofcourse these parameters can be customized to your needs and shouldnt affect your Labview

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(2,191 Views)

Okay i will try and see

thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(2,191 Views)

Hello Nathan_B

i am having a bit of trouble while operating th Stepper Motor example VI which i think i overlooked about motor functioning.

I noticed that with the default stepper motor example (https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-20084/version/1) when i run the VI and click the start stepping button nothing happens untill i change the value in "Stepper #" field (http://postimg.org/image/5vmwy3n8d/) .

Once i change that value to any number motor starts functioning and takes the stepping command. Also, interstingly if i switch back to the value with which i started VI it doesnt work.

And this is affecting the VI functions of fraction collector which i built up from your valuable help.

Any idea about this behaviour ? am i missing some part ?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(2,191 Views)