From 11:00 PM CDT Friday, May 10 – 02:30 PM CDT Saturday, May 11 (04:00 AM UTC – 07:30 PM UTC), ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headers for waveforms data in spreadsheeet

There are two vis that write waveform array data to spreadsheet format.
Export Waveforms to Spreadsheet File - writes the data, but the header information for each column (individual waveforms) is only Y[n] where n is the column
The Express VI Write to Measurement File writes headers with the channel names (from the waveform attributes) but I haven't found a way to get it to list the units.  Also, it writes a bunch of stuff in the header that I don't need; a header with just channel names and units would be nicer.

Short of midifying the express VI code, are there any nice ways to get what I am looking for?  Like this...
X_Value Channel 0 Channel 1
Volts bar
0 0 5
0.5 1 4
1 2 3
1.5 3 2
2 4 1
0 0 5
0.5 1 4
1 2 3
1.5 3 2
2 4 1
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,665 Views)
You could program it using the file I/O functions.

Open file
Write to text file
Close file

The spreadsheet format is tab-delimited and for EOL you can use either use CR, LF or CRLF.

André
Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,651 Views)
Of course one can program using low-level fgunctions.  But then, why have higher level routines like Export Waveforms to Spreadsheet File?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,627 Views)
The low-level VIs for File I/O are there for users to create customized VIs.  If the higher-level VIs supplied with LabVIEW do not accomplish what you wish, you do have the tools available to create what you desire.  I created the attached VI, which though simple, formats waveform data in a way similar to what you are attempting.  It did not take very long to do either!  Have a great evening.

-Bob
Message 4 of 4
(2,605 Views)