LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headers for waveforms data in spreadsheeet

There are two vis that write waveform array data to spreadsheet format.
Export Waveforms to Spreadsheet File - writes the data, but the header information for each column (individual waveforms) is only Y[n] where n is the column
The Express VI Write to Measurement File writes headers with the channel names (from the waveform attributes) but I haven't found a way to get it to list the units.  Also, it writes a bunch of stuff in the header that I don't need; a header with just channel names and units would be nicer.

Short of midifying the express VI code, are there any nice ways to get what I am looking for?  Like this...
X_Value Channel 0 Channel 1
Volts bar
0 0 5
0.5 1 4
1 2 3
1.5 3 2
2 4 1
0 0 5
0.5 1 4
1 2 3
1.5 3 2
2 4 1
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,632 Views)
You could program it using the file I/O functions.

Open file
Write to text file
Close file

The spreadsheet format is tab-delimited and for EOL you can use either use CR, LF or CRLF.

André
Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,618 Views)
Of course one can program using low-level fgunctions.  But then, why have higher level routines like Export Waveforms to Spreadsheet File?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,594 Views)
The low-level VIs for File I/O are there for users to create customized VIs.  If the higher-level VIs supplied with LabVIEW do not accomplish what you wish, you do have the tools available to create what you desire.  I created the attached VI, which though simple, formats waveform data in a way similar to what you are attempting.  It did not take very long to do either!  Have a great evening.

-Bob
Message 4 of 4
(2,572 Views)